Are you an Influential Leader with demonstrable strategic planning skills, a strong Business perspective and understanding, having gained proven Arts Management experience, supported by a sound background in Art History, and able to promote using proven Marketing Strategies?
If so, The Art House Trust is looking for a suitably skilled and motivated person to appoint to the role of Director.
Housed at the historic Pah Homestead, The Trust hosts a range of contemporary art exhibitions from Aotearoa artists, curated both from our collection and touring exhibitions.
You will be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the elements required within an arts-based environment that has strong engagement with a range of internal and external stakeholders including with Puketepapa (Local Board) and the Arts House Trust Board while also able to exercise effective business, managerial, promotional and administrative capabilities.
Under the direction of The Trust, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of initiatives and partnerships that advance the objectives of The Art House Trust, while fostering artistic excellence, cultural diversity, and community engagement.
The additional responsibilities of this important leadership role will include:
- Resilient, optimistic and an effective problem solver
- Demonstrated experience in the use of IT including analysis and review of systems and processes
- Strong financial management experience
- Proven Social Media engagement and strategies to promote and market the Arts
- Foster a positive, collaborate environment, that is one of continuous learning and support.
- Support our commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and lead others in its practical, day to day application.
If you have a desire to work within a meaningful community focused position, have a passion for the arts and believe that you have the business, management skills and experience to be successful within this highly rewarding role, please submit a full application.